Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Two Conversations, Same Exchange

Conversation 1

Receiver: Hello?
Caller: Hello, Mr. _________?
R: Yes.
C: Hi, I’m _______ calling on behalf of Time-Warner Cable. I see you subscribe to our Roadrunner internet service. Is that correct?
R: Yes, it is.
C: And you’re happy with that service?
R: Yes, I am, thank you.
C: Good. Who, if you don’t mind my asking, is your local, landline telephone provider?
R: I don’t have a landline.


C: Oh. Well Time-Warner is currently offering a bundle package, and since you’re already a subscriber to Roadrunner you qualify, to add a landline at a cost of only $32.50 a month. This allows unlimited...
R: I’m sorry, I’m not interested. I have a good deal with my cell phone company.
C: Oh…Don’t you want to limit your cell phone usage?
R: Umm…no.
C: Oh, okay. Well, with our deal you could…
R: Thank you, I’m not interested. Thanks though.

~Receiver ends by hanging up~

Conversation 2

Receiver: Hello?
Caller: Hello, Mr. _________?
R: Yes.
C: Hi, I’m _______ calling on behalf of Acme Industries. I see you subscribe to our Roadrunner internet service. Is that correct?
R: Yes, it is.
C: And you’re happy with that service?
R: Yes, I am, thank you.
C: Good. Who, if you don’t mind my asking, is your horse shit transporter?
R: I don’t have a horse, so I haven’t any horseshit.
C: Oh. Well, Acme Industries is currently offering a bundle package, and since you’re already a subscriber to Roadrunner you qualify, to add a horseshit transportation benefit at a cost of only $32.50 a month. This allows unlimited...
R: I’m sorry, I’m not interested. I haven’t a horse, nor do I have any horseshit.
C: Oh…Well we could sell you some horseshit if you don’t have any, that way you could…
R: Umm…no.
C: Oh, okay. How about a horse then?
R: Thank you, I’m not interested. Thanks though.
~Receiver ends by hanging up~

No comments: